1Packaging Design Structural Engineer
GC or citizenship required
contact me at j**********[email protected]
The Packaging Engineer is directly responsible for the structural and
creative design, development
and cost analysis of innovative protective packaging products to meet
customers’ needs. Works
closely with company’s and customers’ engineering, production, and
purchasing departments to
determine costs and feasibility of producing proposed packaging, with a
particular emphasis on
structural integrity, cost reduction, and utilization of green products.
The position is located in the
Bay Area of CA.
Essential Functions/Job Duties
• Analyzes engineering drawings and specifications of product to
determine physical characteristics
of item, special-handling and safety requirements, and type of materials
required for container.
• Communicates design specs and status of samples to company business
development leaders to
facilitate sales of packaging solutions to a number of verticles including
laptops, smart phones, the
beverage industry, the specialized food industry, etc.
• Designs solutions – identifies design flaws and redirects packaging
design as needed to ensure
proper structural integrity is not compromised.
• Tests, analyzes, and selects materials for packaging based on
durability and cost effectiveness.
• Develops or directs development of sketches, specifications, samples
, and written analyses of
proposed packaging in order to present design for approval.
• Coordinates package testing and validation.
• Performs packaging audits and makes recommendations for improvement
to existing customer
• Tracks cost savings of packaging to ensure cost reduction terms of
contract are met.
• Remains current to changes in industry and materials.
• Develops and delivers high quality customer service to customers.
• Communicates customer issues to management and national accounts
representative quickly and
works collaboratively to resolve problems.
Additional Functions/Job Duties
• Other duties as assigned.
• Provides reports as scheduled or requested.
• Bachelor’s degree in structural engineering, package engineering,
packaging design or equivalent
• Experience in all aspects of packaging, corrugated, and packaging
materials (foam, flexible
• Fluency in English and Mandarin is required, verbal and written
• 3-10 years of related packaging design experience required
• Experience using AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Pro/E or
similar design programs
• Ability to create and edit documents in MS Office: Word, Excel and
• Ability to identify issues and communicate with team and management
Qualified candidates will need to produce a PDF portfolio for review
【在 n****e 的大作中提到】
: Packaging Design Structural Engineer
: GC or citizenship required
: contact me at j**********[email protected]
: The Packaging Engineer is directly responsible for the structural and
: creative design, development
: and cost analysis of innovative protective packaging products to meet
: customers’ needs. Works
: closely with company’s and customers’ engineering, production, and
: purchasing departments to
: determine costs and feasibility of producing proposed packaging, with a