1I've pretty much narrowed my choices to Villanova or Penn State Great Valley
Both Villanova and Penn State programs have their pros and cons and I apprec
iate any thoughts.
1. Put an expensive private school name on my resume at no cost (company spo
nsors part-time MBA for any employee).
2. Part-time MBA highly ranked by BW, also strong undergrad business program
may rub off on the graduate studies too.
3. Study on the main campus, have access to all the Villanova facilities, li
brary, gym, etc.
1. The absence of a legitimate full-time MBA program at the school makes me
suspicious. They only have an accelerated evening "full-time equivalent" MBA
program that you complete in 2 years. The other option, which I am consider
ing, is a "self-paced" MBA that can take up to 5 years to complete.
2. Smaller school, not much name recognition for Villanova outside the Phila
delphia area, small alumni network.
Pro Penn State:
1. Put a well-recognized public school name on my resume.
2. Huge Penn State alumni network worldwide.
3. Closer drive from my work/home :-)
Con Penn State:
1. This MBA program is at a satellite campus for adult graduate students, he
nce no "main campus" experience, possibly lower-caliber professors, fewer ac
2. The degree is granted not by the relativey well-regarded Smeal business s
chool from the main campus, but by the Penn State School of Graduate and Pro
fessional Studies. Not sure how much it will matter down the road in my care
er, and whether in the social circuit if I say "part-time MBA from Penn Stat
e", the people will know the difference between a Smeal program and satellit
e campus program. I'm sure business recruiters know the difference, but I'm
not really looking for a career change at the moment, just want to get gradu
ate degree credentials to advance in my current field (finance).
Wow, this turned out to be a longer post than I expected. Any thoughts are a
ppreciated, even if you're not from Philly area, please give me your thought
s on having an MBA program from a satellite campus vs. main campus business
2Your trouble centers on the brandname:
National vs. regional;
Ask youself, if this degree matters so much to you:
Do you stay in Phily forever?
If no, go with Penn State Great Valley.
If yes, then the answer becomes tricky.
If I were you, Penn State is no brainer.
【在 d*****e 的大作中提到】
: I've pretty much narrowed my choices to Villanova or Penn State Great Valley
: Both Villanova and Penn State programs have their pros and cons and I apprec
: iate any thoughts.
: Pro Villanova:
: 1. Put an expensive private school name on my resume at no cost (company spo
: nsors part-time MBA for any employee).
: 2. Part-time MBA highly ranked by BW, also strong undergrad business program
: may rub off on the graduate studies too.
: 3. Study on the main campus, have access to all the Villanova facilities, li
4How is Drexel Lebow Bschool? relatively, comparing with Villanova?
5The same question again:
National vs. regional.
Drexel has a little better national reputation, but not much.
【在 c*********y 的大作中提到】
: How is Drexel Lebow Bschool? relatively, comparing with Villanova?
6Many people from my company go to Penn State Great Valley because we have
Some say it is not so good. But I guess you cannot expect too much either.
Know what you exactly want and go for it.