Philips Research is the source of many advanced developments in Healthcare,Lifestyle and Technology. Building on 90 years’experience in industrial research and our world-leading patent position, we’re dedicated to meaningful innovations.
In the healthcare domain, we are enhancing imaging and monitoring systems,as well as exploring innovative personal healthcare. In lifestyle, we’re helping people see, hear, remember and share content, anywhere and anytime.Our vision focuses on simplicity, making technology an integral – but invisible – part of everyday life. Learn more about Philips Research Asia – Shanghai, please click
To grow the LED lighting business of Philips in China, we are seeking a highly motivated individual to join the Lighting System & Application department of Philips Research Asia- Shanghai as a scientist of lighting application and optical engineering.
• Understanding customer insights, market trend and technical trend in the lighting application area and identifying technical gaps;
• Designing the lab lighting conditions with lighting design software and benchmarking with real field condition by simulations.
• Designing the optical system with optical design software and benchmarking with real lighting product performance
• Carrying out research projects in Adaptive Optics for the eye for the application of a better understanding of the optical properties of the myopic eye
• Proposing new technologies and supporting based on developed theories to meet business needs
• Working cross functional within R&D to challenge & improve existing knowledge on lighting environment with corresponding technologies
• Working closely with colleagues, partners and customers to develop differentiators that can fulfill the customer unmet needs;
• Well communicating with business partners and delivering high quality results in the forms of patent invention, technical report,and the proof of the concept demonstrations/prototypes etc;
• Actively collaborating with innovation partners within and outside of Philips to enhance and to accelerate the innovation
The major challenges for the candidate are to:
• Broad understanding of norms and knowledge of various lighting applications.
• Broad understanding of norms and knowledge of optical design and optical system
• Understand customer insights and manage uncertainties;
• Identify and discover the major technical problems along the industrial trend
• Generate innovative ideas and develop technical solutions to fulfill the unmet needs.
As a successful candidate:
You will be a senior research scientist in the field of visual perception who is leading the psychological experimental design and find the relationship between environment and human behavior, deliver the findings to guide the solution design.
• Education: Master degree on architecture lighting design, interior/exterior design, or related field of study;
• Working experience: >3 years working experience in optical design,lighting application design, knowledge of architectural lighting, and lighting perception will be a strong plus.
Competency and Skills:
• Self-motivated, pro-active behaviour, result oriented and quality driven; Strong problem solving skill; Good communication and presentation skills; good spoken and written English (CET level 6 or higher) and Chinese (Mandarin); quick learning ability; strong team spirit.
Interested candidates please send your resume to Emily Qian at E********[email protected], and specify where you see this position advertised.